In 2013, we finished the addition we designed for our circa 1911 home! We retained the best parts of our old house, and enhanced it with new spaces and features — blending seamlessly the old and new. It’s ready for the next 100 years.
We added gracious and functional spaces that our old house and property lacked:
- a new garage large enough for a modern car and a gardener’s potting shed area
- a breezeway that provides covered access from the garage to the house, and also creates a dramatic passage from the front garden to our private back gardens
- landscape features including stone walls, patios and pathways, a waterfall and goldfish pond.
- a master bedroom and bath suite
- beneath the master bedroom, we created a modern light-filled kitchen
Our kitchen is featured in the November 2014 issue of Dwell magazine.
It was a transformative experience having a house customized to our own specifications. Our home brings us joy every day.
Click the photos for larger images.